Session Recap: To read a recap of the key takeaways from this session, please click here.
Where: Virtual event
When: April 8, 2021, 6:00 p.m. PDT
The Oliver Wyman Forum is proud to serve as the Knowledge Partner of the Institute of International Finance’s (IIF) new DataTalk series, an interactive monthly forum bringing together experts from IIF member firms, leading tech firms, and other partners and officials. The series includes three global leading experts as its co-chairs:
- Douglas Elliott, Partner, Oliver Wyman
- Jennifer Stott, Chief Data Officer, Royal Bank of Canada
- Tom Wilson, Chief Executive Officer, Allianz Ayudhya
In the first session, a small group of lead discussants provided some brief initial remarks to set the scene, before opening up to the full roundtable for interactive discussion on data localization.
Participants highlighted some of the barriers to the free flow of information, the economic costs of such measures, and the various motivations that underpin such measures. Several focused on the need for interoperability between different national privacy regimes, the opportunities for trade agreements to help enable cross-border connectivity, and the underlying criticality of trust.
- David Hardoon, Special Adviser for Data & AI, UnionBank of the Philippines (and former Chief Data Officer at the Monetary Authority of Singapore)
- Shameek Kundu, Chief Strategy Officer, Truera (and former Chief Data Officer at Standard Chartered)
- Demetrios Marantis, SVP Global Government Engagement, Visa
- Barbara Navarro, Head of Government Affairs & Public Policy APac, Google Cloud
- JC Parrenas, Senior Adviser, Daiwa Research Institute (and lead of the APEC Business Council’s Data Ecosystem group)
Attendance for the DataTalk series is available by invitation only. To get in touch, email us at OWForum-Data@oliverwyman.com.